Baton Rouge PRTF Teen Girls
Who Do We Serve?
The Maples accepts teenage girls ages 13-18 with trauma, mental health, substance use and/or disordered eating.
We know that mental illness and substance abuse is becoming increasingly common among teenagers throughout the U.S. and globally. In fact, 1 out of every 5 girls between ages 12-17 have experienced major depression within the last year. Suicide rates among teens have nearly doubled over the past decade (Adolescent Wellness Academy).
Our hope is to be a safe place that supports recovery, healing, and resilience. Our residential program provides stability, medication management, therapeutic relationships, connection, and creativity throughout your teenager’s time at The Maples.
The residential program allows your teen to experience stability by providing connection, creativity, and therapeutic relationships to help work through their anxiety, depression, substance use, and/or disordered eating.
We also believe that family is a crucial part to recovery. We educate, support, and listen to family members’ concerns, as well as process through pain in our weekly family sessions. These sessions total to 4+ hours of family therapy per week. Our trained professionals provide evidence-based therapies in the individual, group, and family therapies. Additionally, we provide psychiatric services weekly for medication management.
The Maples uses a variety of evidence-based modalities. These include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- SMART Recovery
- Didactic Group
- Process Group
- Art/Music Therapy
- Mindfulness Training
- Equine Therapy
A Day At The Maples
The Maples follows a daily schedule that includes medicine management, mealtime, goal setting, quiet time, creative activities, group therapy, physical activity, goal reviewing and free time.
Behavioral Health Issues Treated
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety and Panic Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Trauma Related Disorders/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Self-harm/Self-injurious Behaviors
- Emerging Personality Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
- Attachment Related Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Disordered Eating
Behavioral Health Services
- Therapeutic treatment milieu using evidence based treatment modalities
- Individualized treatment plans that meet specific treatment goals
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Therapeutic group interaction with peers and staff members throughout the day
- Intensive family therapy
- Life skills training
- Recreational therapy and leisure activities
- Physical care and ongoing medical treatment (as needed)
- Psychiatric services and medication management
- Behavior modification plans
Patients will attend online school for the time that they are residents at the program. If their current school will work to provide material to continue their curriculum, we will provide a tutor to monitor the work. All girls will have carved out educational time.
Allowing individuals and families to address their needs in a safe, nurturing environment, providing an increased level of self-esteem, self-worth and emotional regulation.
If Your Loved One Is In Need, We're Here To Help
Give us a call or fill out the form and one of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible.